Elk Grove Vlg, IL 60007 US
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for ensuring the production facilities and processes are operating efficiently to meet company requirements. The Manufacturing Engineer role has an emphasis on analyzing and developing systems and processes within Company’s various manufacturing facilities to increase operational efficiencies and promote employee safety while reducing any environmental impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate manufacturing processes based on quality criteria, such as efficiency and speed.
- Study production and machine requirements.
- Develop and test effective automated and manual systems.
- Design and install equipment.
- Along with Production Supervisors, organize and manage manufacturing workflows and resources.
- Integrate disparate systems (i.e. equipment handling, transport).
- Make recommendations to optimize facility layouts, production lines, machine operations and network performance.
- Assist with resolving issues and delays in production.
- Find ways to reduce costs and maximize quality.
- Train staff in new and existing processes.
- Collaborate with other engineers, contractors and suppliers.
- Manage facility improvement projects and permitting requirements, including coordination with outside contractors, Village, etc.
- Ensure that manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental regulations.
- Make recommendations to upgrade systems and processes with new technology.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Responsibilities to Organization
- Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts assignments.
- Follows Company’s. policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality, security and standards of ethics with all Company’s information.
- Approaches change and difficult situations in a professional manner; demonstrates flexibility.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance and punctuality; accurately reports hours worked and time off.
- Assists in keeping work areas and equipment in safe working condition.
- Performs duties in a manner that assures maximum safety to self and others.
- Initiates correction of hazards as appropriate and/or immediately notifies Safety Manager; in the event of a workplace incident or injury, immediately files first report with Safety Manager.
- Operates equipment following manufacturer’s procedures and uses proper body mechanics.
- Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer or similar role.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, fabrication methods and tool design.
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent organization, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong work ethic.
- Effective attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize appropriately.
- Must be self-motivated and team oriented.
- Degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum of three years in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly talk and hear.
- Regularly see using close and distant vision.
- Occasionally walk, climb, balance, bend, lift, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70+ pounds with assistance.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance and punctuality.