Elk Grove Vlg, IL 60007 US
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Installing and repairing all electrical devices within the plant.
- Performing breakdown repairs, preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, etc. on all production equipment, utilities, building/grounds, etc.
- Completing parts requisitions, work orders, time sheets, in Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Electrician disassembles defective electrical equipment, replaces defective or worn parts, and reassembles equipment.
- Responsible for replacing all fuses, light sockets, bulbs and switches within both Elk Grove and Westfield facilities.
- Working independently and on teams.
- Demonstrating safe work practices.
- Use PLCs for routine troubleshooting.
- Understand and complete all associated paperwork.
- Adhere to preventative/predictive maintenance schedules.
- Read and work from mechanical and electrical blueprints.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Must be able to speak, read and write English. Must have working knowledge of basic mechanical fundamentals. Perform tasks per instructions. Work well without supervision when needed
- Must have experience in identifying basic hand tools. Printing industry experience a plus. Prior maintenance/electrical experience necessary. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years hands on experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair of high speed equipment.
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software:
- Basic working knowledge of machine tools: drill presses, welders, grinders.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office
- All types of machinery involved in the folding carton industry. Must have own tools needed to make mechanical and/or electrical repairs.
Must be flexible: Able to work overtime, other shifts, and Saturdays/Sundays when needed.